Official Competition Rules:
Solo Application forms:
Ensemble Application forms:
These rules are not complete and for reference only. Please download the original official competition rule document to view.
The Young Artists Competition is open to all aspiring professional performers and all instrumentalists under age 19. Audition can
be live or uploaded to Youtube. Audition repertoire should include one original composition. The piece must be performed from
memory and the time limit is 5 minutes. For both live and Youtube auditions, proper dress attire is required. NO dresses shorter
than knee level, and no jeans, sneakers, tennis shoes, flip flops, open-toe shoes, shorts, tank tops, or t-shirts.
Application Deadline: Postmarked by October 13th, 2018
Application Fee: $80. Fee is non-refundable
Winners Concert Deposit : $250 *
Live Audition Date: Saturday, November 10th, 2018
Audition site: MiLa’s Debut School of Music, 513 Warrenville Rd, Warren, NJ 07059
*Non-winners will have their check returned after the winners are selected.
How to enter:
- Print and fill out the application form.
- For solo: Write one non-refundable application check for $80, and one concert deposit check of $250
(equal to 5 concert tickets) for the Winners concert.
- For ensembles: Write one non-refundable application check ($65 per person) and one concert deposit check
of $150 per person (equal to 3 concert tickets per performer) for the winner concert.
- Please write all checks using the following template:
- Please print write the check payable to IMPACT
- Please include what type of check this is (e.g. concert deposit or application check)
- Please include performer’s name and if they are a solo or ensemble act
- ATTACH AND STAPLE ALL CHECKS TO YOUR APPLICATION FORM.
- All pieces cannot exceed 5 minutes. The rule will be strictly enforced.
YouTube link entry
- All competition rules apply.
- Participants must adhere to the same dress code as in the live audition.
- The music of the repertoire must be sent with application form before the application deadline.
- The YouTube link must be submitted it by Nov. 3rd, 2018 thru emailed to: impactmusicusa(at)gmail.com
Saturday, December 1st, 2018
12:00pm – 3:00 pm
4:00:pm – 7:00pm
Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall, 154 West 57th Street, New York, NY.
The winner will be announced on the IMPACT website after the audition.