Official Competition Rules:
Solo Application forms:
Ensemble Application forms:
2019 Young Artists Competition Rules
The Young Artists Competition is open to all aspiring professional performers and instrumentalists under the age of 19. The winners will be performing at a winners’ concert. A Judge Cash Award will be given to the contestants who have received the highest marks (1-5) from the judges. Auditions can be live or uploaded to Youtube. Audition repertoire should include one composition from standard repertoire. The piece should the original rendition: arrangements will be disqualified. The piece must be performed from memory and no more than 5 minutes long. For both live and Youtube auditions, proper dress attire is required. Proper dress attire includes NO dresses shorter than knee-level, jeans, sneakers, tennis shoes, flip flops, open-toe shoes, shorts, tank tops, or t-shirts.
Application Deadline: Postmarked by October 26th, 2019
Application Fee: $80. Fee is non-refundable
Winners Concert Deposit: $200 *
Live Audition Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2019
Audition site: MiLa’s Debut School of Music, 513 Warrenville Rd, Warren, NJ 07059
*Non-winners will have their check returned after the winners are selected.
How to enter:
- Print and fill out the application form.
- For soloists: Write one non-refundable application check for $80, and one concert deposit check of $200 (equal to 5 concert tickets) for the Winners concert. (Please see example below)
- For ensembles: Write one non-refundable application check ($65 per person) and one concert deposit check of $120 per person (equal to 3 concert tickets per performer) for the winner concert.
- Please write all checks using the following template:
- Please print write the check payable to IMPACT
- Please include what type of check this is (e.g. concert deposit or application check)
- Please include performer’s name and if they are a solo or ensemble act
- ATTACH AND STAPLE ALL CHECKS TO YOUR APPLICATION FORM.
YouTube link entry:
- All competition rules apply.
- Participants must adhere to the same dress code as in the live audition.
- The music of the repertoire must be sent with application form before the application deadline.
- The YouTube link must be submitted it by 8th, 2019 thru Email to: impactmusicusa(at)gmail.com
Saturday, December 14th, 2019
1:00pm – 7:00 pm (two concerts)
Nicholas Music Center, Rutgers University,
85 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
The winner will be announced on the IMPACT website after the audition.