Official Competition Rules:
2019 IMPACT Competition Winners
2019 Young Artists Competition Rules
The Young Artists Competition is open to all aspiring professional performers and instrumentalists under the age of 19. The winners will be performing at a winners’ concert. A Judge Cash Award will be given to the contestants who have received the highest marks (1-5) from the judges. Auditions can be live or uploaded to Youtube. Audition repertoire should include one composition from standard repertoire. The piece should the original rendition: arrangements will be disqualified. The piece must be performed from memory and no more than 5 minutes long. For both live and Youtube auditions, proper dress attire is required. Proper dress attire includes NO dresses shorter than knee-level, jeans, sneakers, tennis shoes, flip flops, open-toe shoes, shorts, tank tops, or t-shirts.
Application Deadline: Postmarked by October 26th, 2019
Application Fee: $80. Fee is non-refundable
Winners Concert Deposit: $200 *
Live Audition Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2019
Audition site: MiLa’s Debut School of Music, 513 Warrenville Rd, Warren, NJ 07059
*Non-winners will have their check returned after the winners are selected.
How to enter:
- Print and fill out the application form.
- For soloists: Write one non-refundable application check for $80, and one concert deposit check of $200 (equal to 5 concert tickets) for the Winners concert. (Please see example below)
- For ensembles: Write one non-refundable application check ($65 per person) and one concert deposit check of $150 per person (equal to 3 concert tickets per performer) for the winner concert.
- Please write all checks using the following template:
- Please print write the check payable to IMPACT
- Please include what type of check this is (e.g. concert deposit or application check)
- Please include performer’s name and if they are a solo or ensemble act
- ATTACH AND STAPLE ALL CHECKS TO YOUR APPLICATION FORM.
YouTube link entry:
- All competition rules apply.
- Participants must adhere to the same dress code as in the live audition.
- The music of the repertoire must be sent with application form before the application deadline.
- The YouTube link must be submitted it by 8th, 2019 thru Email to: impactmusicusa(at)gmail.com
Saturday, December 14th, 2019
1:00pm – 7:00 pm (two concerts)
Nicholas Music Center, Rutgers University,
85 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
The winner will be announced on the IMPACT website after the audition.