2020 Young Artists Competition Rules
This year, the 2020 Young Artists Competition will all be auditioned online through a YouTube link. The Young Artists Competition is open to all instrumentalists (Piano, Strings, and Winds), vocalists, duets, and ensembles under the age of 19. The audition repertoire should include one original composition. The piece must be memorized and performed in its entirety with a maximum duration of 10 minutes.
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 16th, 2020
Registration Fee(non-refundable): $120(Solo), $80(Per person for Ensemble).
YouTube Link Submission Due Date: Friday, November 20th, 2020
How to enter:
- Go to the online registration form.
- Fill out the form and pay the registration fee online to complete registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your registration ID and payment receipt after you successfully complete your registration.
- You must submit both your YouTube link and music file via the online upload form before November 20th, 2020.
The Youtube video rules:
- The video must be one-take without editing.
- No speaking in the video.
- Please do not include the warm-up in the video.
- To ensure quality and consistency of the videos among entrants, set up the camera from the audience’s perspective, limit background noise, and make sure the performance space is well lit.
- The video should show the student’s arms, hands, back, and feet.
- Students are encouraged to wear nice clothes as though they were performing at the in-person contest, although there is no specific dress code.
- You may use previously recorded instances of the piece (e.g., from a recent recital). The video must be recorded after May 2020. Proper dress attire is also required in the recording.
The winner names will be announced on the IMPACT website after the audition. All Gold and Silver winners will receive certificates in the mail. Their performance videos will be posted on the IMPACT website.
Any questions, please email: email@example.com